Tuesday 23 November 2010

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

I think my magazine would most likely be distributed in shops such as newsagents, supermarkets, book shops, music shops, etc. This is because these places are most likely to sell music magazines, especially music shops because they normally have a wider range of music magazines than newsagents or supermarkets. I think my magazine would be suitable to be sold in these places as I feel it is a different type of magazine compared to some that are out at the moment - for example, it has three genres instead of just one, and because it is a music magazine, this also makes it less likely to be sold in mainstream stores such as supermarkets.

I could also imagine my magazine to be sold maybe at concerts/gigs, especially if the artist playing was featured on the cover of my magazine. This would ensure publicity for both the artist and the magazine.

Another way in which my magazine could be sold is the double promotion packed magazine, where two magazines of a similar genre are sold together at a special price. This is a good idea, especially if a new magazine is paired with an already popular magazine, as this would gain publicity for the new magazine. One example of this is Heat and Closer magazine, which are also sold in a double pack at a promotion price.

Another way my magazine could be sold is by the use of subcribtions. For example, a pug could be added to the magazine advertising a reduced price - for example, a yearly subscription at a reduced price and delivered to the customers door would be appealing to a reader. Another way subscribtions could be advertised is by putting a leaflet in the magazine.

Another effective way in which my magazine could be advertised could be a 'webazine' or website for the magazine. Many magazines actually have websites to go with their magazine, and readers can become members and are often given the chance to be entered into competitions and get newsletters. One example of a 'webazine' is NME's magazine website, which is pictured below:



No comments:

Post a Comment